Friday, July 8, 2016

A hike excursion that was heavy on the food as well as exercise! (Photo-essay)

There's no two ways about it: I love food, including of the fatty and fried variety.  And I also like my share of alcoholic drinks that I can imagine being high in calories.  So, I tell myself, I need to exercise in order so that I can eat and drink to my heart's content, yet keep my weight steady and actually lose a pound or two every now and then.  And since I don't much care to go to a gym, it's a good thing that I do enjoy going out hiking here in Hong Kong.

As those who hike with me know, I like to have a good meal after a hike.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say that my hike excursions wouldn't feel complete without a slap up-meal post exertions figuring into the equation!  Still, I have to admit that it's not usual for me to eat at two different eateries post-hike -- but that's what I ended up doing one day after hiking from Discovery Bay to Mui Wo via the Trappist Monastery... ;b

If I weren't so intent on burning calories, I could 

If I had done so though, I'd not have been able to
take in sights like these beautiful bunch of blue flowers ;b

It was a low visibility day but I definitely was not 
the only one out hiking in the area that afternoon!

Mui Wo beckons, and I allow myself to think of 
what I want to eat post-hike at this point... ;b

The China Beach Club has apple crumble 
and custard on the menu...

...and a great heaping bowl of apple crumble 
and custard was what I got there :b

Glutton that I am, I also decided that I couldn't 
pass up a meal at Wah Kee that day!

And despite already having had dessert, I opted for a big plate 
of Cantonese-style steamed fish and a bowl of steamed rice :)

3 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like all sort of foods.
Coffee is on

sarah bailey knight said...

Hi ytsl,

Haha.. dessert before a main course...Once in awhile I do this. It's usually at work where we have a birthday cake once a month to celebrate coworkers b-days. If the cake arrives late morning several of us may stand around eating a piece before getting to the lunches we brought from home.

Love the misty/cloudy photos. Does it seem other worldly walking in those conditions?

YTSL said...

Hi peppylady --

And what kinds of physical activities do you like to balance out your love of food? ;b

Hi sarah sbk --

Sometimes misty/cloudy conditions can seem really atmospheric. Some other times, I just get irritated that I can't see as far as I'd like -- and the worst is when thick mist suddenly descends into an area (or you find that you've climbed to an area of thick mist) and you feel wet as well as unable to see as far as you want...

But fortunately, the day I did that Discovery Bay to Mui Wo hike, conditions actually weren't too bad. So I did enjoy the hike as well as the meal(s) afterwards. :)